BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jpapaiac
Fluorite | Level 6

I have created a text to use table contents and I was able to change color on hyperlinks but unable to remove the underline.  Any ideas?

1. Main menu    1. Main Menu

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The way hyperlinks are displayed is primarily determined by the settings of the browser; overriding it is considered bad practice in website development. Don't do it.

edo333
Calcite | Level 5

I am a bit uncomfortable with the answer that changing the display for hyperlinks is "bad practice"

Since the inception of CSS link behaviour display and style has been used to enhance the look and feel of websites.  

We no longer have the legacy display of followed links turning purple and underlining existing everywhere.  

Especially in the case where the full URL is not present (as in the example above) having the underline may not be helpful and may actually cause problems with display.  

Sas VIYA 8.3 does support the use of style properties, but that being said I have encountered the same problem.  

I have a link defined by the below code:

<p><span style="font-size:24pt"><span style="font-family:&quot;Noto Sans&quot;"><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="color:#96d1f2"><a href="/reports/reports/ab135286-4c5d-4d49-b63a-de5a364d635c" id="ac21770" style="text-decoration: none" target="_blank" type="report">Win Rate</a></span></span></span></span></p>

This displays normally in the editor, but in the report viewer the underlining remains below the text "Win Rate"  Which is not desired behavior.  Any solution would be helpful as it appears that SAS viewer may have its own stylesheet in the background overriding the expected behaviour.  That is not a function of the "browser" but rather of a stylesheet being applied outside of the control of the report author.  I may be mistaken, but I think there is likely a better explanation of this "underlining" behavior that lies beyond simply calling it "bad practice".  

I do not pretend to be an expert in web design, but am familiar with numerous examples where hyperlinks are not underlined (default behavior).  

We are upgrading to 8.4 soon and I will look to see if this issue remains.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation