BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Djones4822
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all, 

I arrived this morning to a panicked coworker who had accidentally deleted an entire folder instead of a single report from within Management Console "Folders" view.

I believe the only way to recover this folder is to run a backup of the entire server machine, is this correct? Is there a utility for undo-ing this sort of delete? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Djones4822,

well, it depends, do you have the SAS Deployment Backup and Recovery tool running? Is your server virtualised?

You have several options, the ones I can think of at this moment are:

1. You can always restore from a backup (or a snapshot if your machine is virtualised, it is quicker).
  2. If you have the SAS Deployment Backup and Recovery tool (in SAS Environment Manager) and you know how to restore from it, it can make the life easier to you by restoring WIP, SAS Content Server and Metadata on a single shot.

In any case, I am sure you will like to keep all the work done since your last backup, hence I would recommend you to make a good Export Package (spk file) with all your latest Metadata items, so you can restore them after the server restore.

Hope it helps

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Djones4822,

well, it depends, do you have the SAS Deployment Backup and Recovery tool running? Is your server virtualised?

You have several options, the ones I can think of at this moment are:

1. You can always restore from a backup (or a snapshot if your machine is virtualised, it is quicker).
  2. If you have the SAS Deployment Backup and Recovery tool (in SAS Environment Manager) and you know how to restore from it, it can make the life easier to you by restoring WIP, SAS Content Server and Metadata on a single shot.

In any case, I am sure you will like to keep all the work done since your last backup, hence I would recommend you to make a good Export Package (spk file) with all your latest Metadata items, so you can restore them after the server restore.

Hope it helps

Kind regards,

Juan

Djones4822
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan, thank you for your response.

Do you have any links to these restore processes so that I can forward them to our IT dept?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation