BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
arindam1984
Obsidian | Level 7

As per the SAS VA 7.1 manual, page 266, we should be able to specify the size of the bubble to be either linear or magnitude scale based. However the option is not present in my workplace. Is it an installation issue in my site or do I have to enable such options from somewhere?

System information:

Version: 7.1 Hotfix 04

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2
Browser: Chrome 43.0.2357.134

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

The Size scale option is available only in the data explorer. If you create the geo bubble plot in the report designer, then that option is not available.

If you are already working in the data explorer and you don't see Size scale, I'm not sure why that would happen and you should probably contact SAS tech support.

This is a cumbersome workaround, but if you create your geo bubble plot in the data explorer and then you export your exploration as a report, I believe that the Size scale setting will be used in the report.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

The Size scale option is available only in the data explorer. If you create the geo bubble plot in the report designer, then that option is not available.

If you are already working in the data explorer and you don't see Size scale, I'm not sure why that would happen and you should probably contact SAS tech support.

This is a cumbersome workaround, but if you create your geo bubble plot in the data explorer and then you export your exploration as a report, I believe that the Size scale setting will be used in the report.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,

Sam

arindam1984
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, that makes sence. I am indeed able to see the size option in the explorer but not in explorer. However the problem in explorer is that it cannot handle the data volume and the chart is getting converted to scatter geo plot. However the same data volume is handled by designer without problem.

Therefore I am still stuck at the same point but at least I know the that explorer and designer have minor differences in functionality.

Thanks again!

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for following up! That is too bad that the explorer and designer have different cardinality behavior in addition to the other differences. In the future this situation (explorer/designer differences) should be improved.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

FYI, the default data limits in SAS Visual Analytics Explorer are documented in the user guide at http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1bvyovhxe6bw7n16xs30... and the default setting for SAS Visual Analytics Explorer visualizations is between medium and high, so you might want to increase this setting to see if your geo bubble map doesn't convert to a scatter geo map (depends on the cardinality you have). Instructions on how to specify your preferences can be found at http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0vnix6f972e1en1v63yn...

Hope this helps...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation