BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ROY30426
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS Experts,

Recently, My customer told me  its a little annoying to start /stop LASR server manually on the web broswer and asked me if there any possible to use sas code control the LASR server.

Fortunately, I found the article about this topic ( link: http://www.sas.com/offices/europe/uk/support/sas-hints-tips/lasr-server-va.html)

and it worked!

There is a thing confused me . When I run the SAS code  which mentioned in the article and using BASE SAS 9.4 on the Server which installed VA  and it worked successfully.

But when I run the same SAS code on my pc(client) . It didn't work. 

This is the code I run on my pc (client) using BASE SAS 9.4:

libname VALIBLA SASIOLA 
     startserver host="myserver" port=10010
  signer="myserver:80/SASLASRAuthorization";

There is the error message:

未命名.png

I also tried to run the same code on my SAS EG  (client), It worked.

Is there any code  i have to add to login   (like EG connect to VA SERVER login setting?) ? If yes, what code/option shoud I add?

Any idea will be  appreticated.

Many Thanks,

Roy

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @ROY30426,

I think the SAS Note provided by @Kurt_Bremser is wrthy to check if it is fine. Unless just to ensure that those fields are as expected.

Besides, what I see is that your code works if it runs locally on the server (run on the server or with EG), but not if you run it on a different physical location of sas.exe (as your SAS Base on your PC).

Therefore, I would propose you one of the following options:

1. Create a vbs script with SAS EG, which can be triggered from the PCs (controllers).
  2. Create a shared folders on the server, visible from a limited list of PCs (controllers0, and a script on the servers to run every 5 min to check if an specific file is dropped on that shared folder. If found, it triggers the Start/Stop of the LASR.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
To me, this sounds like a centrally managed work. So from other purposes than just curiosity, I think you should be content with a server based routine.
Data never sleeps
Albert0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Roy,

Can you post the code you have used to start and stop the LASR Server? The link provided is not available. I would like to do same on my part.

Thanks.

-Albert0

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation