BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mohamed-Salem
Fluorite | Level 6

Dears , 

I face aproblem when trying to print arabic data from VA Report to Pdf  ??

the Data appears as the following in attached Image.

I am trying to print  32,000  record  but not all data exported to pdf ?? Only one page exported to pdf 

any solution ??

Thanks & Regards, 

Moahmed Salem.

1.JPG
8 REPLIES 8
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Mohamed-Salem

If you want the data to be exported from a List object then it is probably best to export to an excel spreadsheet as then you will be able to specify the number of records you want and what columns. This is described in the

support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0e7gix09rfudzn1w55fg1fbrd54.htm#n0yicbzz6hzhiyn1gfqs7zueu2pp

(Sorry I had to include the URL as a code block as the URL wasn't being accepted)

When printing a report to .pdf, only one page is exported as you have discovered.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If you REALLY want the table to output as a PDF you could try the Expand Clipped Content option when you export to PDF. I don't think this will be what you want, however.

Mohamed-Salem
Fluorite | Level 6

HI Michelle, 

I know this Solution but i would to know if i can do it directly from VA to PDF , But it look likes that there aren't any solutions . 

Thanks & Regards, 

Mohamed Salem.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Mohamed,

Have you tried the Expand Clipped Content option?

You might want to look at my post on this thread:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Printing-to-PDF-in-7-3/m-p/226425/highlight/true...

It is not an ideal solution but it is worth a try.

Sam

Mohamed-Salem
Fluorite | Level 6

HI  Sam ,

I tried this  but this a broach disn't solve the problem .

Mohamed Salem.

bagalaty
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sam,

We tried this option "Expand Clipped Content" .

kindly check the attach file (Exported as PDF file) , first page displayed correctly but other pages have a problem it's not acceptable view at all

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi bagalaty,

That is how the Expand Clipped Content feature works. It places the entire report object on a single page in the PDF, so the content is not really viewable in Acrobat but it can be printed if you print it as a poster from Acrobat.

It is intended more for objects that would be less than 10 printed pages, so your table is just too large for it to work well. Looks like it would be about 50-100 pages or more?

We probably should throw a message "your table is too big to print" and truncate rather than give the output that you are getting.

Sorry I can't offer another workaround. You cannot export to Excel and print from there? I would expect that it would give you a much better result.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation