BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

VA 7.3

Good morning community,

We've got a situation where we want users to select a value from Drop-Down List 1 and have that value used as the 'default' (or what is initially provided in the window) of Drop-Down List 2. We do _not_ want the value of Drop-Down List 1 to filter Drop-Down List 2 so that is is filtered to only show what was passed from Drop-Down List 1 (from either a parameter or interaction).

Is there a way to have Drop-Down Lists default to a specific value while still retaining all the possible options of the list?

Thanks,

-Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

I have tried a lot of combinations with listboxes, button bars and lists but I can't make it work :0

I use VA7.4, don't know if it is possible in 8.2.

//Fredrik

PPaul
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I found an answear to a similar question in this paper : "Mastering Parameters in SAS® Visual Analytics" at section "Adding Dynamic maximum functionality to drop-down list".

I just tried it and it worked for me.

The idea is to create a binary variable in your table that will flag your desired default value.
Then add a filter logic on each SAS VA object that you want to filter to only takes rows that are flagged if the parameter is set to missing (i.e. if no value is selected in the dropdown list).

Hope it will help.

Have a nice day.

Paul.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation