BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
abhilashatiwari
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I have a set of filters and graph on Report 1. I want to open another report "Report 2" from graph on Report1 . Challenge here is that Report 2 should have all the filters selected from Report1.

Please let me if someone has tried this and can be done through parameters.

Regards,

Abhi

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Abhi,

If I understand correctly, you want to set filters in Report 1 and then follow a link to Report 2 while passing all of the filter selections as parameters.

Is that right?

I don't think this is possible, but perhaps someone can suggest a workaround.

This is not what you are asking for, but an easy way to copy complex filters or calculated expressions between reports is to use the Text mode of the expression editor. You can copy/paste the expression syntax in this way.

Thanks,
Sam

Thanuja
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Abhilash,

This is possible now. Right click on the graph and use the "Link" option to connect to Report 2. Now when the user double-clicks on the graph in the viewer, they are redirected to Report 2 with all the filters selected in Report 1.

Regards,

Thanuja

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation