BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ender111
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a parameter (named "MBP") generated by a list checkbox.  The list correctly generates a series of comma separated values and I can see it in the "Roles window when I mouse over the parameter.  However, when I try and pass it into a URL action from an action on a list table ("&Store_ID=MBP") it comes out printed as "MBP" instead of the composite values the Parameter is supposed to represent.  
What am I missing here?  I would use the drop down in the action creation menu, but doesn't list my parameter (maybe because it's not on the list table, but on the same page in a list checkbox).  Just about all the documentation on URL building is for sending static variables, not ones generated by a list like this.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
ender111
Obsidian | Level 7
I've also tried to make this value a "calculated item" that I can put in the table to pass it to the job as one string, but the calculated item won't take the character list and won't parse it.
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Have a look at this article https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Introduction-to-Integration-of-SAS-Visual-Ana... by @Renato_sas it shows how you can call a job and pass data to the job.

To have the value of a parameter available, you need to use the parameter in the filter pane of the DDC object, see example below, where typeSelection is your parameter

IF ( 'typeSelection'p IsSet )
RETURN ( 1 = 1 )
ELSE ( 1 = 1 )

This will ensure, that the values of the parameter are available to the job called in the DDC. See the Json passed to the DDC. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation