BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KiaU
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm developing various reports in Visual Analytics for our costumers. Many of our users would need to get some of the graphs in to powerpoint presentations. And currently I can't find an easy way to do this. I see that in the new version there is an option to print a report to pdf. But this still does not solve the powerpoint issue. So some tips about how to solve this would be highly appreciated. The whole point of having the VA-reports for our costumers is to avoid a lot of manual work from our end. But right now our users can only view reports, but they cannot really use the data in a good way further.

Kind regards,

Kia

7 REPLIES 7
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Kia,

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS274-2014.pdf

I think this will help you....

Thanks,

Teja Surapaneni.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Kia,

The paper that Teja provided above is possible only if your SAS environment that SAS Visual Analytics connects to is licensed for SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
KiaU
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thank you for your input.

I have the options in excel and powerpoint myself. But our users do not. So what I am really looking for would be for example an easy "right-click" option, so that when the users are looking at a report, they could for example just copy a graph from the report and paste it right in to their presentations. Without having that much technical skills. Since presentations are the main usage of our data that we provide them. And if they cannot use this data in an easy way, then our product is not sufficient.

Do you know if this is something that is up and coming, or do we just have to forget about this option?

Br,

Kia

I_Kong_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Kia, is it possible your users could have the add-in in the future? That would give them (in the latest releases) the ability to interact with the report, and insert and adjust the charts and results dynamically. However, the right click option is an image (png) export which can be inserted into your slides.

Regards,

I-Kong

KiaU
Calcite | Level 5

I don't think the add in will be an option, since we have users in so many different places. But you mention this right click option? Is it allready available? Or did I missunderstand?

Kind regards,

Kia

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Kia,

I think the I-Kong is referring to the Export as an Image option that is available within Visual Analytics Explorer if you right mouse click on a visualization as described at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide - save avisualization as an image file. Unfortunately this feature doesn't seem to be available within SAS Visual Analytics Web Viewer and which is why you do not see it when you right mouse click on a Visual Analytics report object.

Kind Regards,

Michelle 

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
I_Kong_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Kia, Michelle is right. I was thinking of exploring as well as a reporting capability that will be available in the (near) future. For the users in different places, is the challenge getting them the add-in (deployment)?

Thanks,

I-Kong

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation