BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PatrickPosthuma
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I created a interaction/link to an info window.

In edit mode the interaction works fine, the info tab gives me the filtered data.

However in view mode it gives me no data in the info window.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

Version VA 7.4

Beste Regards,

Patrick Posthuma

Best Regards,
Patrick Posthuma
+31 06 53135462
The Netherlands
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickPosthuma
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes that was the scenario, however afters several hours I found the VA issue/bug. The data of one of the columns was cut off in the interaction. When I removed that column it works again fine. I used exact the same column in both tables. In the designer It works in the viewer it does not. 

Best Regards,
Patrick Posthuma
+31 06 53135462
The Netherlands

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abcde
Obsidian | Level 7

Unfortunately interactions are not working with info windows

PatrickPosthuma
Obsidian | Level 7

I meant an interaction to a list table in a section which is displayed as an info window.

Even when I disable 'Display as info window' it works in edit mode but not in the repor viewer: No data found

Best Regards,
Patrick Posthuma
+31 06 53135462
The Netherlands
abcde
Obsidian | Level 7
Just to understand you better,

You have a list table or a graph named A that interacts with section B, and when you click anywhere in A it opens the info into the info window B. Is that the scenario?

Note:

It will not work the other way around, B to A

PatrickPosthuma
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes that was the scenario, however afters several hours I found the VA issue/bug. The data of one of the columns was cut off in the interaction. When I removed that column it works again fine. I used exact the same column in both tables. In the designer It works in the viewer it does not. 

Best Regards,
Patrick Posthuma
+31 06 53135462
The Netherlands

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation