BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ksachar
Obsidian | Level 7

I tried to upload a excel file with 3 category variables and 13 measures. after importing only 3 of the 13 retained measure. 10 numeric variables were automatically converted to category and there is no option to change (check the image). Do I need to make some change while I import? or something in Excel I need to change? 

rt-clk.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The most likely reason why this would occur is that those fields contained something other than just numbers. Also check that you have selected the option to use the first row as column names.

ksachar
Obsidian | Level 7

I have selected the first row is column and my input looks like the (pic). 

Capture.PNG
sdurrance
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry to jump in, but I am also having this problem and it seems this thread was never resolved. I have a column with years (format 2003, 2009, 2015, etc.) and have checked the option to use the first row as headers. However, SAS VA imports that column as characters and won't let me change it to a date measure. I have tried changing the years to a number format in Excel, but it still didn't even read the dates as numeric measures instead of characters. There is no year-only date format in Excel (plus we're having some import issues at the moment so I can't test that anyway). Not sure what else to do. How do I get SAS VA to recognize the years as years?

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Here are a couple more things to check;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation