BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7

I would assume all numeric Measures in the Data pane would have the Aggregation option when I right click them, so I can, say, choose from "sum" to "average". But that's not the case. In fact, the default measure "Frequency" do not have the Aggregation option when I right click it. Why is that so? What are the conditions a Measure should have in order to have Aggregation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

Just add a calculated measure and set it to 1, then set aggregation to average 🙂

//Fredrik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

Isn't it just "Frequency" and "Frequency percent" that you can't change, since they are automatic?! 🙂

Do you have other examples, I don't think I have had problem with other measures.

//Fredrik

mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7
oh. so automatic measures cannot aggregate. I would thought all numeric measures can do so, automatic or not.
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Nope, they are sooo special 🙂

//Fredrik

SoliD
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm curious, why would you want to aggregate the frequency ? Smiley Happy

mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7
Frequency provides a count for something. When u used it in, say, a crosstab, the object usually sums up the frequency and a total figure. However, sometimes I want an average count of something, instead of sum. Therefore I thought I can also right-click Frequency to change the aggregation to Average.
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

Just add a calculated measure and set it to 1, then set aggregation to average 🙂

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation