BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
VictorM
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello all,

I'm not sure if I am the only but I have very negative feedback on the new version of the "SAS Analytics" iPad application.

The main reason is the new coming left pane that overlaps the reports, making all users to first disable the lock button on the bottom, then to swipe this pane on the left to see the report.

Second very very annoying thing is the lack of "Exploration/Dromm" options when pressing a field/chart. Now, you have to press the same way, then open the left pane again that was preventing you to fully see the report, click on explore/drill, then close the pane, so on and so forth. Just adding so much more actions, this is a pity !

Just much much worse than it was before !

My employees are all complaining about it...

2018-09-05_11-53-12.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Is your Visual Analytics app up to date? There was an update published a week or two ago (version 8.31) that addresses some of these concerns, although there is still work to be done for sure. The issues you describe sound like they are specific to the previous version (8.3). 

Of the updates to v8.31, the most notable ones are:

- The left pane (called the "tray") is no longer open by default and locked. 

- A new flyover panel was added to display tool tip and drill options, so users do not have to reopen the tray to perform these actions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gregor_Herrmann
SAS Employee

Your feedback is appreciated and we already had similar feedback from other customers as well. Our development team is already working on an updated version that should address both pain points.

Gregor

HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Is your Visual Analytics app up to date? There was an update published a week or two ago (version 8.31) that addresses some of these concerns, although there is still work to be done for sure. The issues you describe sound like they are specific to the previous version (8.3). 

Of the updates to v8.31, the most notable ones are:

- The left pane (called the "tray") is no longer open by default and locked. 

- A new flyover panel was added to display tool tip and drill options, so users do not have to reopen the tray to perform these actions.

VictorM
Obsidian | Level 7
You're right, I'm still having the 8.3. I will check with our IT dpt so they can push the last version using our MDM tool.
We'll also closely follow up the new coming updates.
Thanks.
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Ok great! When you get it updated, please continue to let us know what additional feedback you may have. 

VictorM
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello !

I do have one more which confuses a lot of our users : on the application main screen, below each report name, there is a date displayed.

People think that this date is the last time the report data was updated and hence do not open the report(s) when the date does not change or is too old.

The date is in fact the last time the report was changed/adapted in the back office... I'm not sure if this information is valuable to the end user, compared to a data updated or no date at all.

Any chance we can see an improvement here ?

thanks a lot

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation