BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BarryP
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I'm using Release 8.5.1, SAS Viya release V.03.05

A new field was added to a table that I have in an existing dashboard, but when I go to the table under Data the new field does not appear.

If I create a new Dashboard and go to add the table, the field is there.  However, I'm not certain that it is the same table.  It has the same name, but it is entirely possible that I am looking in the wrong folder.  I don't see anyway where I can verify which folder where the table in my existing dashboard.

I've tried refreshing the table, but it still does not appear.  

So two questions:

1)  How to I add the field to my existing dashboard.

- Note, I don't mean how do I go to the data panel and add it to a table in the dashboard.  It does not exist in the data panel when editing the report.

2)  How can I figure out what folder a table came from after the table has already been added to a dashboard?

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @BarryP 

I think table has to be reloaded to CAS with the changes for it to reflect. 

BarryP
Quartz | Level 8
Okay, I have two copies of the table. One has a suffix .sashdat and the other with no suffix. The sashdat table has the columns I need. The other does not. When I tried to test this, I attempted to switch to the .sashdat (I didn't expect this to work) but it wouldn't let me use the table.

BarryP
Quartz | Level 8
Okay, I unloaded the table without the extension, and then loaded the one with the sashdat extension. Now they both have the columns I need.

I went back to the dashboard editor, it still isn't there. Maybe I need to wait until the DI jobs run?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation