BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone,

I need help with a pretty complex crosstable as shown in the picture below : 

Capture d’écran 2023-06-07 123517.png

I want to create this table (I made it with excel). In lines I want to have the different products in my data source. In columns I want the year (Specifically only the last 2 years but that's not the important part).

In measures I have the value, Weight and Price. along with their variation from previous year (Value and percentage).

I know that the yellow part of the table is straightforward and It's easy. but the purple part is a nightmare. as the variation must change parameters for each line (Value (2023)-value(2022) in the first line and weight(2023)-weight(2022) in the second line etc...) AND it needs to be in columns (seperated from the other measures)

I tried everything I could to make it happen but I couldn't.

Can anyone please assist me ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

With Precision container and 3 copies of the cross table you can come close. 

pic1.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

I did calculate the variation for each measure. My issue is their position. Since the value, weight and the price and their variation are all measure I couldn't find a way to make some of them on lines while other in columns. I hope I was able to clarify my need. 

Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

So I assume that there's no workaround to make that table with that exact layout  in SAS Visual Analytics

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

What makes it complex is your excel cross table affinity.

With Excel you can assemble data in a format that is not logical and feasible from a data table perspective.

You can create easily the calculations, but it's difficult or impossible to match your design. 

pic.png

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

With Precision container and 3 copies of the cross table you can come close. 

pic1.png

Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

That's the best way to do it so far to be honest, even if it will impact the performance but it's the only way.

Thank you so much

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation