BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
danielladorancy
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS Community,

I've been working on a dashboard in SAS Visual Analytics and have encountered an issue with my crosstab table disappearing when filtering by month-year. I receive an error message stating, "No data appears because too many values were returned from the query. Filter your data to reduce the number of values."

Here are some details about my dashboard:

• I have 4,789 rows of data in my dataset.
  • When I filter by 1-3 months, the crosstab table displays correctly.
  • However, when I select a larger date range with multiple months, the crosstab table disappears completely.
  • It seems that the table can only accommodate up to around 6 columns of data before it disappears.

I'm seeking your guidance on how to address this issue. Here are a few questions I have:

1. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem when using SAS Visual Analytics and filtering by month-year?
  2. What could be the cause of this issue? 
  3. Are there any strategies to resolve this problem?

I greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions you can provide. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 REPLY 1
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Visual Analytics has both client-side and server-side limits. This SAS note provides some information on that topic, and includes instructions for calculating the number of rows and cells for a crosstab. 

https://support.sas.com/kb/62/148.html

This documentation topic describes the client limits: 

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/v_020/varef/p07uif0jfvtijon0zgbm5hiaqip4.htm

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation