BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Forum,

I've tried to create some charts & then put them into Horizontal containers so I can have a drop Down filter on each.

That was the theory anyway as the Drop Down filters the whole container.

Ideally, I want 2 or more charts showing weekly sales data for various Products side by side so I can compare one week with another for the Products.

Can anyone advise the best way to do this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I guess where you are placing the dropdown that makes a difference. if you are placing both of them in report filter or section filter location.

Then they will behave as filters on report level like applicable for all sections in a report. and if you are putting them at section level then they will apply for all the graphs or reports you have in that section.

So I would suggest just place dropdowns in the big square box( report designer ) window and then add interaction to respective graph.

let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

Have you tried      Group option (which is available in Roles) to compare Week on Week productwise sales, achvt etc.......

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni.

Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for your response Teja,

That's an idea, but I was thinking of something like 2 Line charts that display different periods based on the same data.

I've tried creating 2 separate reports with Sliders to give the user the option to choose a time period for each.

Is it possible to put a report into a container & have its filters only work for that report?

Cheers

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Can you pleases send dummy screenshot for us.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni    

Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Teja,

Here's a mockup from Excel, I would like something close to this if possible, otherwise I'll use your other suggestion,

I'd like to have the date ranges able to be selected independently for each chart so the User can select whatever periods to compare

Thanks

CompareCharts.gif

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

The described excel example is possible in sas va.

Let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni

Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

I'm not sure what you mean?

Can you advise how to do this in SAS VA or not?

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

The mentioned excel example is possible in sas va.

I am getting error to attach files in communities.

I don't understand what you are trying to do "I'd like to have the date ranges able to be selected independently for each chart so the User can select whatever periods to compare". can please about this

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni.

Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Teja,

I've found that I can create 2 Charts and have, for example, a drop down box that changes the filters for both charts in SAS VA, however, what I want is to have 2 charts that can have filters separately so a user can look at data from different periods in each chart in the same screenshot.

In my screenshot you could look at the WK1 - WK4 chart & compare the data from the same table for WK5 - WK8.

Hope that makes sense.

Peter

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Peter,

I am getting error to upload the screen shot in communities,

In theory, You have to split  week column in two columns which is week1 & week2.

But you can't automate them.

I understood your requirement, i will try to upload the images in communities.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni.

Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Teja,

I won't need to animate the charts, just view them.

If you're having trouble uploading the images, you can just give me the roles & the fields I need to use to get the behaviour I need.

For the snapshot  I posted, I used the software program 'Printkey' (free version is available on the net) & uploaded my charts as an image.

Peter

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Teja and Peter,

We had some filters on that were blocking attachments to help with SPAM. I've just lifted those, if you want to try to upload the screenshot now, Teja.

Many thanks and I apologize for the inconvenience,

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your Response,

Now the problem had been solved,

Once again Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Great, I'm so glad Teja.

Thanks for all you do for the community!

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Anna, Smiley Happy

Hi Teja,

This looks great!

Can you run through how you built your example?

Do these use the same dataset?

Are they created separately & then imported into a new report?

Anything else relevant

Thanks Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation