BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rahul_SAS
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Experts,

I am trying to achieve the same result as its developed in the attached screen shot but facing some challenges like I am not able to find a way to put multiple Categories and same names underneath. I have search each and every available source but didn't find any solution so please help me to get same result.

Can we use label for the measures as the data items can contain unique names only. as per the screen shot there has to be a way to make selection for a particular category.

I am using SAS Visual Analytic 6.4

Regards

Rahul

CrossTab.png
7 REPLIES 7
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Rahul,

Can you explain bit more, exact what you want,.

where you want to drag multiple categories ?(row r column)

Regards,

Teja Surapaneni

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

From the screenshot the names of the measures data items are the grey colored background cells: Call Duration, Call Duration (minutes) and % Call Drops and that is why they are repeated for each of the 2G, 3G and 4G categories.

Please provide a screenshot on what you are attempting with annotations of what you would like.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Michelle,

There he was trying  to show Calltech(Last) & Subscriber herarchie wise Contribution of Call Duration, Call Duration (minutes) and % Call Drops.

Regards,

Teja Surapaneni.

Rahul_SAS
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Michelle,

Attached screen shot is just an example and the same layout is my requirement.

I have different Measures and Categories and explaining here:

Core Stores
Daily Sales Report# storesADSSSSGSSTGSeq. Growth
11-Mar-15DayMTDYTDDayMTDYTDDayMTDYTD
Region0DayMTDYTDDayMTDYTDDayMTDYTD
North012040798273%(37)%(34)%(32)%(40)%(38)%(38)%
KTK0204810510746%(37)%(29)%(27)%(39)%(37)%(35)%
TN01540808244%(32)%(31)%(27)%(38)%(37)%(35)%
AP01032686958%(37)%(38)%(36)%(37)%(37)%(39)%
WEST0536778008%(50)%(35)%(32)%(50)%(40)%(40)%
KER01135707528%(26)%(35)%(33)%(32)%(41)%(40)%

In the above report we have three measures i.e. DAY, MTD, YTD which are variance between this year and last year, and all are calcualted saperately with respect to ADS, SSSG and SSTG.

I could only achieve the result attached in the scree shot (sample cross tab)

sample cross tab.png
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

Thanks for providing the screenshot - this helps to understand what you are aiming for. It seems that you would like to nest measure data items and have the aggregation of Day within MTD and the aggregation of MTD within YTD and the aggregation of YTD within Day. If that is the case then it isn't possible.

To achieve the table you are after ADS, SSSG and SSTG would need to be levels of a single category data item and you use that category item in the cross tab. The calculations you did separately with respect to ADS, SSSG and SSTG is done by Visual Analytics. You would need to change your data preparation and load.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Rahul_SAS
Quartz | Level 8

No, thats not the case.

See, lets talk about 1 by 1, I have a report called ADS which has Measures DAY, MTD and YTD, another one is SSSG, which has the same measures but calculated differently and same thing happens with SSTG as well.

The problem is, we can not create calculated item more than one having the same name.

So, is there any work-around for the same.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks for providing some further explanation on your data items. In Visual Analytics you work on data items across the entire data source so if you have a DAY measure it will be for all report types. If you need to have DAY, MTD, YTD calculated differently for different report types then a work around would be to create them and name them as ADS-DAY, ADS-MTD, ADS-YTD so they can be added as separate measures within the report object.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation