BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi:

I am trying to develop a graph (in SAS VA 7.1) that has both Month and Week metrics.  We want to be able to see the graph at a monthly view, but then if we click a drop down or button we can change that same view to week.  It would change the category from month to week.

The only way so far that I can figure out how to do this is to use the time metric as a text field and then concatenate the dataset together by stacking month on top of week.  It has a variable called time (month or week).  As you pick it it changes the graph.

The issue (as i am sure you're all aware), is that since it's a text varibable it sorts in alphabetical order.  

I can't really use the custom sort since the data changes and there are way more weeks than the custom sort will allow. 

Any ideas?  I have been all over this community but have not seen any thing.

thanks, 

Dave

graph sort issue.png
2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Would it help to define Month-Week as a time hierarchy?
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Thamks for the reply.

I actually tried that.  It would only work if there was a control that "expanded" all time metrics.  It won't let me add hierarchy to any type of control.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation