BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Malcolm_H
Calcite | Level 5

Hi - My company may be upgrading from Base SAS and SAS STAT to Viya with Visual Analytics and Visual Statsitics.

Our Analytics Group has a large macro library. Do Visual Analytics and Visual Statistics support the SAS macro language? Does migration require rewriting the macros, or should I expect the process to be fairly seamless? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

If you have been running with compiled macros then it is time to ensure that you actually have the code for all of them before any transistion. At a minimum you may need to recompile them in the new setting, at worst you'll need to reference what the code does to translate to Visual Analytics steps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Malcolm,

I would suggest you guys

I believe in order to fully utilize the capabilities of SAS Viya, some of your existing Macros and Data Step code modules would need to change, how much and how, it all depends on what these modules do and how they do it.

Good luck,

Ahmed

ballardw
Super User

If you have been running with compiled macros then it is time to ensure that you actually have the code for all of them before any transistion. At a minimum you may need to recompile them in the new setting, at worst you'll need to reference what the code does to translate to Visual Analytics steps.

Malcolm_H
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much.

We do not compile our macros. 

From your response it sounds as though some macros might work 'as is', and others will have to be written or edited. I won't know how much work is involved until we actually start migrating.

Malcolm_H
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks very much. I'll take a look at the documents you provided.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation