BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hidetsu
Calcite | Level 5

How can i combine report? I need 1 report with 'x' tabs with the information of the other reports.

I have this.

Report 1: -TAB 1

-TAB2

Report 2: -TAB a

-TAB b

And i need to do this:

Report 3: - TAB1

-TAB 2

-TAB a

-TAB b

10 REPLIES 10
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This is possible in SAS VA 7.4 simply by copying and pasting, but from what I understand isn't possible in VA 7.5 or 8.x. What version are you using?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Just to clarify if you are using 7.4, then you can take a copy of the first report to get tab1 and tab2, then go to the Import tab in the left-hand pane to import the other report tabs.

Hidetsu
Calcite | Level 5
Im using the SAS VA in a explorer, not a program, that the same process?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I am talking about the SAS VA Report Designer window for 7.4.

achung
Fluorite | Level 6

I would love to know how could do the same in VA 8.3? the function seems not exist in VA on VIya, but it's very useful, is there any workaround to do the same?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I understand there is no direct equivalent in VA 8.3. However you can create "template" report objects that can used in any reports:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/SAS-Visual-Analytics-Use-Object-Templates-for...

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
As mentioned, 8.3 has object templates to help a little with this.

In the near future it should be possible to create object templates that have data assigned.

We are still working toward a full replacement for the import functionality (i.e., report pages with their full contents), but it will come a little later. We know many users are interested in this feature.

Thanks,
Sam
MrManSledge
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Sam. Any update on this? I have many report elements I'd like to copy and paste from other reports without having to rebuild them from scratch. Currently on 8.5.1 and attempting the save to Objects Pane seems buggy. I save it and attempt to import it into another report, but nothing happens.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Yes, both importing pages from another report and creating object templates with data are available in the 2021.1 (Viya 4) release.

Can you tell us a little more about the problems you are having with object templates in VA 8.5.1?

Sam

MrManSledge
Fluorite | Level 6
Looks like my corporation hasn't updated yet since it's showing a 2020 release. I am needing to either export or copy an object from one report to another and carry-through calculated fields and the data source. If nothing else, at least the data source and object layout.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation