BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DandarahZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am currently workin gon a project that requires me to put sensor data. There are 41 sensors in total with each sensor sending data to the vendor cloud every 10 minutes, in short i have a few hundred data entries that needes to be dealt with. I am tasked with building a dashboad that allows me to separate the dates into day, month and date cetegories using a drop down list. Adding the items into the label list very tedious as mentioned above, hundreds of data per day. Is there a shortcut for me to achieve my goal? Additionally, instead of using lables are there any other methods that i can take note of?

Capture1.JPG

Regards

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
What tool are you using to prep the data? A calculated column isn’t intended for this purpose and it’s not clear what exactly you’re trying to do here.

It seems like you’re not treating your dates as dates somehow to use the automatic filters? Worse cars, duplicate your date three times and apply different formats to it to show as month day year.
DandarahZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I thank you for the quick reply, as i mentioned, im working on a stats-like project. I supposed to build a dashboard that displays stats that are based on the information given. For data preparation is just data that has been saved within an excel file, no data manipulation whatsoever.  According to my higer ups, any and all data manipulation are to be done with in SAS. Below is a snapshot of what i have done so far. Also, according to my higer ups, the data will grow in size exponentially. I find that manually sorting the data would be ridiculous and would like to know if there are shortcuts/different ways to handle this situation. In the picture, the cancelled out value innthe right drop down box will indicate the room numbers, and the drop down boxes in the left will indicate the occupancy of the rooms in a day/month/year format/setting

Capture2.JPG

Regards

Dan

Reeza
Super User
So you likely shouldn't be doing your data manipulations with VA, there's another tool or the Prep side to clean up and manipulate your data.

Make sure your date is a SAS date or numeric with a date format. Then duplicate it three times and rename each one to Year Month Day. Then format each one to the respective format. And then you can build automatic filters and don't need to add any labels anywhere.
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

There are a lot of functions for dealing with time and date.

First try to get the datepart and convert in to a date variable (some combination of datepart and treat as).

As soon as you have a date variable you can duplicate it and assign different formats for day, month, year, ...

//Fredrik

image.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation