BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

How do you mask values less than 5 in Visual Analytics 7.4 I'm seeing documentation for later versions.  It sounds like there is a way to do something similar using filtering in 7.4 but the totals would be less than the total would be without masking, since the filtered values would be completely removed rather than just masked.

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi David,

I believe the feature you are talking about is "data suppression" -- that is, hiding aggregated values when they represent fewer than a certain number of detail rows.

This feature is available in Visual Analytics 8.2 and later, but I am not sure how to achieve a similar result in VA 7.4. Maybe someone else can help?

Sam

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It looks like i'm going to have to make my changes on the interface side.

I have an aggregation calculation that removes groups that are less than or equal to five from the display.

IF ( Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n) >= 5 )

RETURN Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n)

ELSE .

I need to alter this calculation to display nothing if any of the subgroups are less than or equal to five or the subgroup total equals the total for a year.

Year is a column.  I also have a date column that has one value per year.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

A little closer to what I am trying to do.  I'm looking at what syntax options are available:

If the total of the subcategory is less than five or any detail of the subtotal is equal to the total then null out the value.

For example

The user drills down to:

Male Female Subtotal

3        3            6

Then do nothing

Male Female Subtotal

3        1            4

Null out all three.

Male Female Subtotal

10        0            10

Null out all three.

This needs to be done on the interface level only.

This code is close:

"IF ( Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n) >= 5 )

RETURN Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n)

ELSE ."

I need a comparison to not 100% of the category

This syntax doesn't work but the idea is:

IF ( ( Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n) < 5 ) OR ( Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n) = Max [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n) ) )
RETURN .
ELSE Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n)

If I understood why 

IF ( Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n) = Max [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n) )
RETURN .
ELSE Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Enrollment'n)

Does not filter out values where one row equals the subtotal I could make more progress.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation