BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jadwiga
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Got stuck with a problem how to make a date period from one report to be a filter in a linked report. The problem is that the dates in the first report come as separate variables: beginning and end, whereas the second report has a continuous date variable. See screenshots below.

Time variable 1.PNG

Second report:

Time variable 2.PNG

So what I want is that after double-clicking on the row with 1 January 2018 and 30 June 2018 you go to the report with the time slider as a prompt and the selected date period is 1 January 2018 to 30 June 2018. Is that possible?

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I don't follow why you are trying to use a slider as a report - it really isn't providing any more information than your list report is showing.

A slider is usually used as a control to filter the other report which can be done with Interactions, rather than the other way around.

Jadwiga
Calcite | Level 5

My report is much bigger than the slider- the slider is just a prompt, like usually.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you try just using your slider to filter your list report. 

Jadwiga
Calcite | Level 5

I see there is a complete misunderstanding of what I'm after so let me try to explain from the beginning: I have a (big) report, part of it is a list of dealers and their statistics in a certain time period (see below)Picture1.PNG

I want users to be able to click on a row and see a list with details of each claim submitted in that time period:

Capture.PNG

Is there a way to do that?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

As far as I am aware you can't "deconstruct" a row selected in a list table containing dates and use that as a date filter in a second list table. What version of VA are you using? It is possible that VA 8.2 or 8.3 may offer more flexibility here. We are on 7.4 and use the controls: button bar, list, text input and slider to filter what is shown in reports.

You can definitely limit the dates shown in your report with a slider and the other control objects as well with a bit more work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation