BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sid5005
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

I am facing issues for mapping 2 data sets in one single report.

I have report level filters like Region, LegalEntityName, Product, Rates, Currency, Year, Month and Dynamic Hierarchy but when I add the 2nd dataset it gets mapped and filters only for Region, LegalEntityName, Product, Year(without any year selection), and Month individually but if we link(Info window) the 2nd dataset table to the main section object then only Region, LegalEntityName, Product filters works and the remaining filters fails i.e. Rates, Currency, Year, Month and Dynamic Hierarchy.

Also, I have noticed that when I am moving to the 2nd dataset table the Region, LegalEntityName, Product filters apply correctly but the year filters gives some ambiguous value like 21185 for 2018 selection. Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

Thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

How is your "year"-variable defined?
Is it derived from a variable that has a date or a datetime?

NOTE: 21185 is 1JAN2018

sid5005
Calcite | Level 5
Yes the year has been derived from a date
-Pleasetypeyourreplyabovethisline.Noattachments.-
Get Outlook for iOS
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
Mapped columns must share the same format in order for the filters to work. So, for example, do your date columns share the same format? 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation