BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jpapaiac
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using SAS VA version 7.1.  I need to use the Map data Source but I can't find a button or a drop menu to direct me there.  Do you know how to open the Map Data Source session?

6 REPLIES 6
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Can you provide more details about what you are trying to do? Are you talking about creating geo maps? Or something else?

jpapaiac
Fluorite | Level 6

Actually I am trying to use the same drop down menu control object for all my sections.  Some of the sources don't have the specific variable for the filter but all sources have a common key variable.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

The report designer is not my area of expertise, but here is the documentation page about mapping data sources:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68027/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1bki2z2jxzsoen15hug...

Does that help?

Thanks,
Sam

Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I guess, you are putting the common filter on the report level hence its getting applied for all the sections.

Just rename the common column in all the data sources to 1 values and it will get mapped automatically.

- Amol

avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi ,

Could you please provide some screen shot, which can make us to understand more clearly what specifically you are trying to achieve.

Thanks

Abhishek

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

Try to delete/remove a data item from one dropdownlist and add it back. Then the Map Data Source will appear.

It's maybe not the best solution, but it worked for me. Until now i did not find any other way.

Filip

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation