BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7

At SAS VA 8.3.1, I know that I can go to Actions in the right pane to see if an object has any report links, page links and object links. However, here's the thing: it only shows one way. For example, Barchart1 at page 1 is linked to a ListTable1 at page 2. So if I select Barchart 1, go to Actions tab at the right panel, I can see that under "Page Links", ListTable 1 at page 2 is checked. The Action Diagram will also show arrow pointing to the said page. However, if I do the same steps for ListTable1 at page 2, it does not show that it is linked to Barchart1.

Simply put, A is linked to B. I can check that A is linked to B. But I cannot check that B is linked from A.

Is there a way to check links for both ways? Was using SAS VA 7.3 previously, and the Action Diagram shows links for both ways. Why is this not displayed in 8.3.1? Also in the Action Diagram in 8.3.1, sometimes the objects overlap over each other, so I cannot discern where the arrows are pointing at. I cannot move them apart.

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @mattneo,

The Actions Diagram feature is working as expected in the 8.3.1 and later releases on SAS Viya. I confirmed with a developer that the design was changed for SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya to show only outgoing actions.

You can move objects in the Actions Diagram. When you select an object in the Actions Diagram, a black outline is displayed and the pointer changes. You can then drag the object to a new position in the Actions Diagram.

I hope this helps,

Joy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @mattneo,

The Actions Diagram feature is working as expected in the 8.3.1 and later releases on SAS Viya. I confirmed with a developer that the design was changed for SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya to show only outgoing actions.

You can move objects in the Actions Diagram. When you select an object in the Actions Diagram, a black outline is displayed and the pointer changes. You can then drag the object to a new position in the Actions Diagram.

I hope this helps,

Joy

mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @Joy_SAS 

Thanks for the reply. A pity that incoming actions are no longer displayed. Would be a good feature to reinstate. As for moving the objects in the Actions Diagram, yes I clicked onto the objects and tried to drag them away (just like how I did so in SAS VA 7.3). But the objects just wouldn't budge.

Not sure if using SAS Viya on a particular internet browser affects the performance or not. 

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @mattneo,

I was using Chrome when I tested actions the other day. What browser are you using?

I'm not sure what to tell you about getting the feature for incoming actions reinstated, except to say that you can request it via the SAS ballot.

-Joy

mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Joy,

I re-read your previous post and now understand what u mean by clicking on the object, make sure it has a black outline first before dragging it. I.e First click to select, second click to drag. I am so used to click and drag at the first instance in other interfaces.

Will take a look at SAS Ballot. First time seeing this. But it's a pity that a useful feature (to see incoming actions) that was available previously would be removed in the new Viya. 

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @mattneo,

I'm sorry the click and drag steps in the Actions Diagram don't work like you're used to. Were you able to move the objects once you got that to work? I know that doesn't fully meet your request, but I hope that it helps some.

-Joy

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation