BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wilsod47
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone know if its possible for VA report consumers to be able to upload a list to be used by them to subset the data in a report?

Occassionally there is  a need for report consumers to  filter a report by customers but there could be up to 10k custromers , which obviously they can't manually select. 

There would be  a need for report consumers to do this regularly on different sub-sets of the popluaiton and they only have access to reports via the viewer.

DW

3 REPLIES 3
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi DW,

please consider labeling the customers with the related key-account number or so. (Your list of customers)

now you can put a rows restriction on the database, so depending on the log-in, they can/will only get their own related customers.

This way, I filter out the customers results by int/ext representatives in most of our reports. (Code related to Cust_nr)

If this is what you would like, I can explain it a little more.

Greetings  Peter

wilsod47
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Peter,

Thanks for responding.

Unfortanetly I don't think I was clear. I guess a better way to describe it is a list of accounts are passed from department A to department B for "auditing", so to speak. So noone actually owns the account so there is no operator to account identifier (the list could be passed from any individual in department A to any individual in department B).

Of course a work around is to assign this join and have the administrator load up the table as required, but we are in a development phase so a) not sure how much work that would mean on an ongoing basis and b) thought I would see if the capability existed.

Thanks again

DW

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi DW,

thanks for your additional explanations.

i am not aware of any solution within VA other than uploading the department a selection into a table and pass this to VA.

the related Querry for department b then can be filtered for this customer list.

a) don't worry, effort to do this is small.

b) thats wat this community is all about.

greetings Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation