BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Raven01
Obsidian | Level 7

I have created individual LASR libraries in the Public LASR server for each user group. I have created them inside /Shared Data/SAS Visual Analytics/ Autoload/VALIBLA. Is there a way where I can limit the size of each library to 8GB each? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Raven01
Obsidian | Level 7

@JuanS_OCS wrote:

Hello @Raven01,

I guess you want to do this for self-service, not for controlled Autoload folders.

No, there is no way to limit the size allocation for a SAS library.

• You can limit the size of a LASR server (hence, in your case, 1 autoload folder would be a 1-1 relationship with 1 LASR server)
  • Or you can use disk/folder quotas on the file system (hence, a question to your OS admins).

Thanks, @JuanS_OCS. If I try to limit the size of a LASR Server, can I use the same port used by LASR Public Server? Also, for the disk/folder, do you mean physical folders or logical folders? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

When you say limit the size, do you mean the size of the LASR analytics server i.e. the in-memory server, or something else ?

Raven01
Obsidian | Level 7

It's the size of the LASR library. LASR server should not have limitation.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Raven01,

I guess you want to do this for self-service, not for controlled Autoload folders.

• You can limit the size of a LASR server (hence, in your case, 1 autoload folder would be a 1-1 relationship with 1 LASR server)
  • Or you can use disk/folder quotas on the file system (hence, a question to your OS admins).
Raven01
Obsidian | Level 7

@JuanS_OCS wrote:

Hello @Raven01,

Thanks, @JuanS_OCS. If I try to limit the size of a LASR Server, can I use the same port used by LASR Public Server? Also, for the disk/folder, do you mean physical folders or logical folders? 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Raven01,

each LASR server requires to listen on different port numbers. But you can create as many LASR servers as you wish, and then attatch the autoload folders to those. Actually, you can create easily autoload folders with the SAS Deployment Manager (if 9.4 M3+) and the process can create new LASR servers automatically for you and attach the Autoload folder to the LASR, all in a single shot.

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2016/04/04/sas-visual-analytics-autoload-configuration-made-easy/ 

Regarding quotas, I mean both, it depends on the OS level you are. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation