BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BarryP
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I have a bunch of objects that I'd love for the user to be able to hover over and see the definitions for certain items.  In the past I've always provided this in a separate tab.

Is there another way that this can be done?

Thanks!

-Barry

5 REPLIES 5
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Which version are you using? 

When you say "objects," do you mean hover over a bar chart and see a text description of what the chart is conveying? or something else. Can you provide an example of the type of extra information you want to see. 

BarryP
Quartz | Level 8

How can I find the version?  It's got the menus on the right side of the screen with little burger dots above them (...).  If I open one, it shows (>>) to close. I can also drag the menus around.

Sorry that isn't ideal, but I looked all over for the version and can't find it.

PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

Click the user button right top corner in the application bar, and select About.

Br,

Petri

BarryP
Quartz | Level 8

VERSION:

Release V.03.05

I was wondering if there is a feature that could show information like a definition or a note like "Values only include devices registered into the service portal."  Or  is that something that needs to be displayed in a text box somewhere else in the tab or in a different tab.

Thanks!

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Barry,

Putting this information in a text object on the same page is probably the best approach. If there is a lot of information, you could put a link in text object that would go to another page for details. This could be a hidden page, which will act as a pop-up window when the user clicks the link.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation