BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Surya_Ravindran
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am looking for a way to add serial numbers to a list table on SAS VA.

I couldn't find any option to do this. Could anyone suggest any solutions?

Basically i want to display the total number of categories as the count in the end of the list table where for measures we will be able to see sum values.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

If you want to count each row you can add a measure with the value 1 to your data or if you want distinct values, right click on the category and create "Count distinct".

Will that help you?

//Fredrik

Surya_Ravindran
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Fredrik,

Thanks a mil for your response.

The solutions you have provided would help me get the total but I'm also looking to display the serial numbers in the list table.

Would you know if this is possible?

Many Thanks

Surya

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Surya,

In your data preparation (Visual Data Builder / Data Studio), I believe there should be a way to create a "unique identifier". Data Studio has this for sure.

This generated column should work as a serial number.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Sam

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I don't know a way to achieve that, think you need to do something like what @Sam_SAS  says 🙂

//Fredrik

Surya_Ravindran
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Sam and Fredrik

I'll look into it 🙂

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation