BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Greetings,

I was wondering if it were possible to move all of the objects (charts, text boxes, drop downs, etc.) all at once as a group instead of moving them individually? At times it becomes necessary to add or delete an object to/from a report where there are several other objects. It seems you can only move objects one at a time. It would be nice to "Select All", which seems possible, but then move all object down by an increment.

Thank you!

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, Joy!

Unfortunately, that does not work for my situation. It isn't a matter of getting an object in the report, but the need to add an object at the top of a report that has many objects already in place.

Like when the web design team decides that every page/report needs to have an additional banner or image at the top of a report. As it is now, I have to manually adjust each and every object one at a time. Not a huge deal, but it certainly takes time.

Thanks as always!

Gary

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Gary,

In 7.3, there isn't a feature that lets you "select all" when moving report objects.  However, SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 has a feature for the Imports tab that lets you import objects from another report.  This might do what you want.  Take a look at the documentation here: Import a Report or Report Object. You can import multiple report objects using this feature.  (See step #3.)

-Joy

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, Joy!

Unfortunately, that does not work for my situation. It isn't a matter of getting an object in the report, but the need to add an object at the top of a report that has many objects already in place.

Like when the web design team decides that every page/report needs to have an additional banner or image at the top of a report. As it is now, I have to manually adjust each and every object one at a time. Not a huge deal, but it certainly takes time.

Thanks as always!

Gary

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry that feature didn't work for you. 

The layout of objects has continued to improve since the 7.3 release. The 8.2 release makes it easier to drop objects on the top of the canvas (and in other places) and to move objects to other pages or a new page.  However, there still isn't a "move all" feature for objects in the 8.2 release.

-Joy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation