BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mariusg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Quentin,

i also tested a Stored Process with package results - same results (just a white screen in the iPad App).

Furthermore i set the Stored Process Server in Tracemodus and can`t find any execution of the Stored Process.

If i start the STP by Browser (VA GUI) or the by direct url access, everything is in the log.

Last but not least, I wrote a simple Stored Process to create a Dataset.

libname tmp "C:/va_testdaten";

proc sql;

create table  tmp.MyTest as

select * from sashelp.class ;

quit;

iPAD Access -> no Dataset created

Web -> Dataset created

I have no idea why, but across the iPAD App, the Stored Process did not run.

Is there something to configure?

regards

Marius

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

I haven't tested this, but I think from iPad the Stored Process runs when you download the report, or when you refresh (redownload) the report. Not when you just open it.

Does it work with a standard built in sample Stored Process?

mariusg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Gergely,

i have deleted all the reports and STPs on the ipad. After this, i have

downloaded my test Stored Process / Report.

Again this did not run.

Also i tried the sample Stored Processes

- Sample: Hello World

- Sample: Server Test

They did not work and also produce a white screen.

Is somebody able to test this in his own environment (build a report with a sample Stored Process) ?

Thanks,

Marius

muralinori_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Marius

What is the version numbers for the VA and the iPad "SAS Mobile BI" application?

If you can view the STP output in the designer and in the web viewer (check from VA Hub)  it should also work in the Mobile BI app on the iPad.

No special configuration necessary.

May be you do not have access to the STP server.  Try this to check if you have access to the STP from you iPad:

*   decode the URL using any decoder. 

*   Use the decoded URL in the safari browser in the iPad and check if the STP works.  If the STP has access to server, it should work.

Also check if the STP has and any prompts to respond to?   The mobile app only supports default prompts.

Cheers

Murali Nori

mariusg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Murali,

your hint with the safari browser was really helpful.

I had to fix an IP problem and now everything works correct.

Thank you very much Smiley Happy

Marius

Quentin
Super User

For the sake of others who might find this discussion in the future, can you describe the IP problem and the fix?

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Marius,

You may want to check that your VA Stored Process object in your report do not meet the limitations outlined in the VA User Guide (scroll halfway down the page) SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.4: User's Guide - Use a Stored Process

I assume you have checked the box to "Show the log in the output" while you're testing.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation