BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Just as I introduced myself in the "Meet the Community Manager" message, I would like to introduce a few other SAS folks you'll start hearing from regularly.

Donna Bennett is part of the SAS® Visual Analytics Product Management team. Her focus is in the data preparation and administration capabilities. As the holiday season approaches, Donna and her husband enjoy describing several visual data points about the light display they are setting up. For example, it has over 40,000 lights, 101 candy canes, 2 American flags – and the highest star at 50 feet.

I-Kong Fu is a Product Manager focused on SAS® Enterprise Guide and Office integration with SAS Visual Analytics. In his spare time, he enjoys coaching youth soccer, learning to bake pizza and competing in cat herding competitions.

Jennifer Marchi, Global Product Marketing, is responsible for go-to-market strategies for business intelligence solutions from SAS, including SAS Visual Analytics. She’s a big believer in fact-based decision making … even at home, it is something that Jennifer has instilled in her family. At work, she’s a huge advocate for building an analytics-based culture, helping companies evolve their use of analytics for fact-based decision making.

Justin Choy leads the SAS Visual Analytics Product Management team and sets the overarching vision and product strategy. Justin loves technology and is very interested in promoting fact-based decision making, the democratization of analytics and using visualization to assist in the presentation of analytics. In his spare time, Justin is a professional pyro technician. When he isn’t being an adrenaline junk, he is a foodie and loves to travel.

Murali Nori, Product Manager, has a special interest in mobile apps for BI. He is passionate about listening to customer challenges, and translating their requirements into products and solutions that create value. Murali travels the globe for both personal and professional goals: he’s interested in different cultures and places for their diversity and it broadens his understanding of business problems in a global village.

Rick Styll, also a SAS Visual Analytics Product Manager, is responsible for report and dashboard design. Rick is a husband and a father of two busy teenagers. When he’s not checking homework or carting one of his children to or from dance classes, swim team practices, or marching band rehearsals, he loves to run on the greenway trails near SAS headquarters in preparation for a few annual 5k, 10k, and half marathon races in order to keep his belt on the same notch.

Ted Werner, Product Manager, SAS Visual Analytics, has been with SAS for 13 years and has a strong passion for solving business problems through data visualization and proactive analytics. His responsibilities include managing all requirements for the Visual Analytics Explorer piece of the product as well as sales enablement. Ted is a native of Portland, Oregon and just this year, moved to Cary, NC to work closely with development on SAS Visual Analytics.

Now that you know a bit more about us, share something about you. What do you do, what are you looking to get out of this community? What’s your favorite jelly bean flavor? (Only if you feel comfortable disclosing…)

I looking forward to “meeting” you.

-Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

7 REPLIES 7
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the introductions and also for setting up the group. This is fantastic! A great way for users around the world to collaborate, share, ask questions and learn best practices. I teach SAS Visual Analytics courses in Australia for SAS Education and am very passionate about the product and helping businesses and users achieve their goals. Within this community, I hope to find out what is happening in the world of SAS Visual Analytics and to also direct users to this community so that they can learn and share.

Thanks again!!!

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Excellent, Michelle, I'm glad you'll find this forum useful! And many thanks for sharing it with other users.

Best,

Anna

SASBIROX
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I'm excited that this group was started!

I love the black jelly beans!  It's great when I can find someone who hates them - no fighting over the precious few available.

Tricia

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

We should definitely share a bag of jelly beans then, Tricia, I can't stand the black ones. Orange is my favorite. Smiley Happy

Glad you're pumped about the community - I am too!

Anna

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Seems like Tricia may be unindated with black jelly beans! Love the orange ones too... Care to share Anna? 😉

Cheers,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
ShaneGibson_OptimalBI
Fluorite | Level 6

Once you have tried an orange JetPlane you will never go near a jellybean again!

SASBIROX
Calcite | Level 5

That's a fairly big claim Shane.  Guess you will be bringing a bunch to the SAS Global Forum where we can test your claim? Smiley Wink

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation