BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rodgers_125
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm analyzing ways to get data from Hadoop to put into SAS Visual Analytics. I already read that I can access data from Hadoop with:
1) Base SAS
2) SAS Scalable
3) SAS/ACCESS Interface
4) SAS LASR
5) SAS In-Database Products

But I already read that I can get data from hadoop via JDBC to SAS Visual Analytics... My question is: If I can get data directly to Visual Analytics why I need the five options that I post above?

I've some urgency on this topic. Thanks for your response!!! 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You always need LASR, that's a part of the VA infrastructure.

License wise, Base SAS libname engine is always accessible.

The same I would assume goes for SPDE (if that's what you mean my "SAS Scalable"?)

JDBC data would be accessible via the SAS/ACCERSS to ODBC license.

Not sure why you formulate your question this way. Can you rephrase/elaborate some. so we can understand your issue?

Data never sleeps
Rodgers_125
Obsidian | Level 7

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

So this is some kind of product evaluation?

Apart from your thesis, is there any other receivers of your work (and what's their angle on this)?

I would definitely start with your local SAS office to get some kind of solid foundation in your work.

Then you could get back to us on more specific question.

Data never sleeps
Rodgers_125
Obsidian | Level 7

Only me, what my prof said is to search about how can SAS works on Hadoop. That's the reason from my questions... I wanna share with them the possibilities that we have to connect SAS and Hadoop to do some data science jobs.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation