BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7

How to get Indian comma format in VA. It would be really great if you could just help me with this! Kindly update, ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7

So, I saved my file in VMWare C drive, and i selected import option in VA import>> sas dataset>> C:. the program i created in VMwarw is not visible out of vmware. Thats why i cannot import the filCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7
I tried all the possible ways mentioned on the link you shared. Did not work.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can make use of user-defined formats in SAS VA. This includes PICTURE-type formats as long as they are not date or time related:

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/402.html

Since the Indian comma format is not date-related you should be OK.

The user-defined format has to be created outside of VA in 'normal' SAS:

proc format library = library;
  picture MyIndianFormat
  low-high='99,99,99,999.99';
run;

then the SAS FORMATS catalog where the format (in the LIBRARY folder in a file called formats.sas7bcat) is stored has to be loaded into a particular SAS VA folder as explained here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaag/69958/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1smzfeuhcmcb5n1qfoxg...

Once you have added the FORMATS catalog, you then apply it to the required columns in your SAS table using a FORMAT statement BEFORE you load it into VA:

data MyVATable;
  set MySASTable;
  format MySASNumber MyIndianFormat.;
run;

After loading this table into your LASR library you should be able to see the format displayed in the Report Designer Data Pane beside the column MySASNumber and it should show in any reports using this column.

nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7
right! now this make sense.
proc format;
picture indianc
low-high='0,00,00,00,00,00,00,000';
run;

data new;
a=100;output;
a=1000;output;
a=10000;output;
a=100000;output;
a=1000000;output;
a=10000000;output;
a=100000000;output;
a=1000000000;output;
a=10000000000;output;
format a indianc.;
run;

proc print data=new;
run;

data CustomerOrdersEE;
set indianc;
format Profit MyIndianFormat.;
run;

this is the code I tried. How do i load LASR tables in VA. How to export this code from SAS to VA?
nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7
Okay so the code I'm writing is in VMware, and I cannot load the data or table in VA coz that is not possible. Is there any other way to set Indian comma format?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you new to SAS VA? Its appears you missing many of the basics on how VA works. If this is the case then I would highly recommend you do some SAS VA training, like the courses provided by SAS.

Also ANY SAS table can be loaded into VA. It doesn't matter if you are creating it on a VMware computer or not.

The instructions I've provided are correct because I've used them myself. If there are any steps that require more explanation then please say.

nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes, I'm new to VA and I'm learning VA on my own. The code I mentioned above works perfect. In my computer, Internet is not accessible in VMware, hence, I'm using VA in Desktop(out of image) So the file i'm exporting and saving is being saved in VMware desktop. I don't know how to load tables in VA.
nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7

Please find the screenshots of VMware and VCapture2.PNGCapture.PNGCapture3.PNG

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Well the first step to loading a SAS dataset into SAS VA is to create a permanent version of the dataset:

libname MySASLib 'c:\MyFolder';

data MySASLib.New;
  set new;
run;

Once you have done this, open VA and go to the Import Data window as in your screenshot and choose Local - SAS Data Set. Navigate to your c:\MyFolder and select new.sas7bdat then select OK. VA should then load your table. If you then go into Report Designer you should then be able to choose NEW as a data source. 

nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7

So, I saved my file in VMWare C drive, and i selected import option in VA import>> sas dataset>> C:. the program i created in VMwarw is not visible out of vmware. Thats why i cannot import the filCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you talk to your IT admin and explain that you need a folder location that is accessible from both VMware and SAS VA.

I'm not familiar with desktop VMware but there must be a way of sharing folders.

Your other option is to open a track with SAS Tech Support. They may be able to help more quickly.

nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7
Thankyou so much. I'll do that

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation