BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

SAS VA | SAP

Hi All,

Can anyone help me with materials, docs, website URLs that explains how to connect SAS Visual Analytics to SAP Data Source and fetching the data?

It would be good to see how it can be done, it's architecture and other relevant information.

satlr

7 REPLIES 7
DavidHenderson
SAS Employee

@sat_lr,  You can SAS Visual Data Builder to create queries to pull data from any SQL database using SAS/ACCESS to SAP.  I know that is a pretty basic answer and having seen other posts and responses from you, I get the feeling that you are looking for more detail.  I'd be happy to provide those details if you can give me a better idea of what it is you are looking for or what problems you are trying to solve.

-David.

sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi David, thanks for your prompt reply.

That's correct, I am looking for in-depth details of how it can be done, what are the resources that I need to consider to perform this task successfully. what would be the steps/ procedures to be followed and above all need to know what are the requirements that I need to gather and plans to be made before initiating the overall task.

The source system is SAP Production module. I am in need to have a holistic view from business perspective to the granular level of performing the task and that is what I am looking for here. I got several questions in mind after going through the SAS/Acccess Interface to SAP doc available on SAS Access Site. But for now, it would be helpful to get a holistic view of the complete task.

The end output would be to develop production related dashboards, KPIs, reports in SAS VA.

ChrisMo
Calcite | Level 5

If your SAP environment happens to be SAP HANA, you may want to check out this SAS Global Forum Paper http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/2445-2014.pdf, summarizing how you can leverage data from SAP HANA within your SAS environment and applications.

-Christoph

sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

hi chrismo, I've gone through this paper before. I have drawn several requirements that I have with me. how to pull up the relevant data that I need by not missing the useful fields. so little bit field clarity is needed here which I am looking for. the source system has 65k tables. any suggestions?

satlr

ChrisMo
Calcite | Level 5

Is your SAP environment based on SAP HANA? SAP HANA Live virtual data models provide excellent insight to the SAP Business Suite data models.

Rgds,

Christoph

sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

yes this must be one of the SAP Business Suites ERP module i.e SAP PP. I am looking here to understand how the data is stored. Objective is to build relations between production and sales data. Requirements to be drawn so as to what data to pull out. greetings

satlr

ChrisMo
Calcite | Level 5

The latest release update for Visual Analytics 7.1 also supports direct SAP HANA connectivity for data loads!

Cheers,

Christoph

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation