BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
maverickkub
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi.

I am facing this issue that whenever I import certain excel sheets to create reports out of them,every time I restart my servers those tables are not loaded again and the data items disappear.What is the Resolution for this.Do I need to run a query and generate an output table so that I can always load the table from the SAS LASR?

Kuber.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Kuber,

It sounds like the best solution would be to contact your administrator. The administrator can set the tables to reload when the server starts by putting them in a BASE library, or autoload to keep them loaded in general.

Best regards,

Lorrie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Looks like the excel sheets are imported to datasets in the WORK library, which is deleted with all its contents when the SAS session closes. Use a permanent library as the target for the import.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Kuber,

It seems that your SAS Visual Analytics environment has the default configuration settings to handle imports. You may want to speak to your Administrator to configure the server so that tables loaded into the SAS LASR Analytics server via imports are automatically reloaded. This is described at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide - After a SAS LASR Analytics Server Restart

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
maverickkub
Obsidian | Level 7

Nope these do not seem to work.Actually, it has been pretty much clearly mentioned in the vaug that after a server restart all files which are imported manually have to be redone again.What seems strange is when I use exactly thee same procedure to import a local sas data set in VA,I don't have to manually re -import this file to generate the explorations I created out of this data set,It gets reloaded as soon as I start LASR and reload all the tables.Can someone explain the logic to me??

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Kuber,

It sounds like the best solution would be to contact your administrator. The administrator can set the tables to reload when the server starts by putting them in a BASE library, or autoload to keep them loaded in general.

Best regards,

Lorrie

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation