BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jw0424
Calcite | Level 5

Greetings,

I have a data import job that usually runs in just a few minutes that is not completing. [It has been over 30 mins]. Nothing has change in the relational database [postgres] that I know of. The data set size is about the same is it always has been. Is there something I should check, or maybe something that needs to be reset?

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

- Check, if possible the session in postgress is not hanging, becoming not responsive.

- As there should be some processing on sas check it is still a valid process and does not got hang up by shortage of some resource.

The saswork or default directory ($home) are candidates. There are many more of them all different on OS type.

- Sometimes an previous error can have corrupted you db-connection. You have to restart and retry again.

Seeing this being happend by trying to sort the DBMS-table in a SAS way. Proc sort cannot run on a DBMS-table. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
jw0424
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. It did eventually finish, but I will look into those things if I run into more issues.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation