BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PavanKumar2
Fluorite | Level 6

I have 4 columns as Portfolio, ReleaseID, BudID ,Difference in days In List table.

example:

Sales  ,17.4, 132,13

sales ,17.4,  133.12

sales ,17.4,  134,12

average : (13+12+12)/3 --12.33

I need : Portfolio ,ReleaseID ,Average in days(Here I want summary based on Portfolio and ReleaseId) in List table.

Sales ,17.4, 12.33

Average  formulae Is in aggregated Measure here it is taking group by

avg (group by) (Measure)

when I am doing this Avg (Groupby) (Difference in days) here I am getting Problem.(13/1+(12+12)/2)

if difference in days are same  then I am getting problem.

It will take group  by on Difference in days but I  need group by (13+12+12)/3. But in aggregated Measure if we use average Formulae by default it asks for group by value.

Is there any way to calculate Avg

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Pavan,

Are you sure you want an aggregated measure here? If you just change the aggregation of the measure to Average, then that will evaluate the average values for your totals row in the list table.

That is to say, I don't think it should be necessary to create a new data item in this case.

Does that help?

Thanks,

Sam

PavanKumar2
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi sam ,

Thanks for your  advise . I have duplicate values in Measure to avoid that  I have divided that measure with frequency and got Difference in days as Aggregated Measure (Frequency can only be used in Aggregated Measure).Here I need to get average number of days for that aggregated measure.

Is there any other alternative to find solution

I am attaching a screen shot FYI.

Picture1.jpg

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Pavan,

What expression are you using to get the screenshot you posted?

Do you want to determine the average value for "Difference in days for DTAT with frequency"?

Thanks,

Sam

PavanKumar2
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi sam ,

Yes. I want average value for "Difference in days for DTAT with frequency .
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Can you share the aggregated expression you are using to calculate "Difference in days for DTAT with frequency"?

I am still not sure I understand why you do not simply assign the Average aggregation to the "Difference in Days" measure.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation