BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Joao92
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everyone,

I'm using a List Object in a Prompt Section and I have associated a Character List Parameter in that List Object.

So imagine that my list contains Department 1, Department 2, Department 3, and Department N. If I select just the first two departments my parameter value is "Department 1, Department2".

What I want to do now is to create a Calculated Item where I test whether this parameter has selected values or not. I know that this is possible when I'm using single Character Parameters in combination with dropdown lists. But when I try to use a Character List Parameter in the Calculated Item Expression I get an error saying that he is not expecting a Character List Data Type.

NOTE: I'm Using Sas Visual Analytincs 7.4 release

Does anyone know of a solution or a work-around for this?

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The documentation says this about using multi-value parameters in filters and calculated expressions:

"Parameters with multiple values can be used with the In, NotIn, and IsSeT operators in filters and calculated expressions"

Joao92
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Madelyn,

I can only find that in the documentation for the 8.2 release. But I'm still using SAS Visual Analytics 7.4, so I don't have the IsSet operator available. For this specific case I think the In and NotIn operators won't do it but at least I know I can use them in the future.

Thank you very much 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation