BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yiting
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I have plotted a bar chart. I have sorted the variable S. I want the bars of it to appear in the order of S1, S2 and S3. However, when plotted on the bar chart, it is not so. They are still in descending order. Can anyone help me With that?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
What version of Visual Analytics are you using?

To create display rules, select Rules from the right pane.

See the documentation here:
https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.3&docsetId=vareportdata&docsetTarget=p0i3...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

In your bar chart, right-click the axis heading FLYKE and then select Sort > Ascending.

Does this correct the issue?

When you say that you sorted Smilefjeskarater, did you perform that sort in your data preparation or did you create a custom sort in the report designer interface?

Sam

Yiting
Quartz | Level 8

No, I want for each fylker, Smilefjeskarater is sorted and have fixed position on the axis. 

I found that With slicer, when I make changes in slicer, the color of each Smilefjeskarater will change sometimes… how can I fixed the colors of the Smilefjeskarater so that they are not affected by slicer?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If you right-click the bar chart, you should see a menu like this:

sort.png

The bottom pair of sort options in this menu selects the sorting for the group variable. If you specified a special sort order for the group variable, it should still work (but it will reverse the custom order if you select Descending.)

To permanently fix the colors, you could create display rules to specify the color for each value of your group variable. If you do this, then the colors should never change.

Yiting
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you! When I right click on the chart, I do not see this menu...
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
What version of Visual Analytics are you using?

To create display rules, select Rules from the right pane.

See the documentation here:
https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.3&docsetId=vareportdata&docsetTarget=p0i3...
Yiting
Quartz | Level 8

Dont know where to find my Version number…. but somehow sorting worked for me, in the window of data... 😄 Thanks for help!

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

I'm glad you found some useful info @Yiting! If one @Sam_SAS's replies was the exact solution to your problem, can you "Accept it as a solution"? Or if one was particularly helpful, feel free to "Like" it. This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what worked.

Thanks!
Anna

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation