BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MuratDerin
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

We have a table which includes  username which end-users loggin to VA . There are many users in the system. We upload all data of the table to VA. We would like to show data in VA without selecting username on the screen. We need to show data whose belongs to user automatically. Does anyone have experienced this requirement? 

Ps. : we dont want to produce many tables according to username. There are over 100 users in the system .

Appreciate  for your contribution in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
TimStettner
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi!

I'm struggling with the same question. Did you get any kind of solution?

Would be great if you could share this 🙂 Thanks!!

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It sounds like you are asking to have a table filtered based on the user who is logged in to Visual Analytics. That is row-level security. You don't say the version you are using but this is the documentation for version 7.5x:

Row-Level Security

This is the topic for version 8.5:

Provide Row-Level (Filtered) Access

MuratDerin
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes we solved it with row-level security which is not very efficient and easy . We did permissions with and also conditions using operators supported 

TimStettner
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Madelyn. I'm working with 8.5

I wonder if there is any way to filter based on current user (name / id) without row-level security. This feature is hard to get live in our environment (our admins are not that aligned to explorative users like me 😉 )

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation