BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
zzone
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Is there a method to run a VA report from operating system prompt? (Company uses a 3rd party scheduler - Control-M - and we have to use it)

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

VA Reports are primarly used to view report content online and interact with the report (subset, report linking etc.)

What do you want to achieve when running a report from the command line, do you want to get a printed report (PDF)?

Bruno

zzone
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

My requirements are:

- schedulling with Control-M (company's approved scheduller)

- resultds printed to pdf

- pdf sent to mailing list

- subsequent acces to report in VA's interface will be allowed for users , but they need mail notice anyway.

Manyu thanks

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

Have a look here Distributing Reports :: SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.3: User's Guide.

This will cover most of your needs, except for the scheduling, as this happens within VA

Bruno

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Well, from my very small knowledge of VA, I assumed it to be a totally web/server based system - as such no real command line setup, and scheduling would be done in VA or on the server.  Perhaps contact your SAS group internally or externally to help you setup scheduling.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation