BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gyambqt
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Experts,

How do I plot time variable (like 00:05:05) again a numeric variable in VA? I tried time series but it only works for date variable rather than time variable...

If you use line chart then you lose the x axis label...(or scale).

I know there are many other charts can solve the problem but I really want to do the plot using chart similar to line chart

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

I am able to create a time series plot using a time variable:

time.png

Are you getting an error message when you try to apply a time variable to the time series plot? Also, what version of VA are you using? Can you show a screenshot of the properties for your time variable?

Thanks,

Sam

avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi gyambqt,

You can plot the time varaible in time series as well as bar chart which I had tried.May be there will be lot of other charts which can be used..

Capture.PNG

If you are getting issue while plotting the chart, try using "New Calculated Item" and use "Hour" or "Time Part" from "Date and Time Part" in operator section to get your variable in the appropriate format.

Thanks,

Abhishek

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation