BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BarryP
Quartz | Level 8

release 8.5.1
Sas Viya release V.03.05

There's a way to get little notes near the top of the report that show which filters have been applied.  I haven't managed to figure out how and why this happens.

Some of my tables have this and others don't.  Can someone please tell me what the rules are so that I can better replicate this in the future.

If you can address this regarding:  global filters, page filters, filter containers, and object filters, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Barry,

There are a couple of different ways that filter states can be displayed in VA.

When you follow a report link or page link action, a breadcrumb trail will appear at the top of the page. There is a filter icon on this trail that lets you see and toggle any filters from the source object that you followed the link from.

You can also display "interactive filters" as dynamic text in a Text object. This includes filters from page and report prompts and from page and report link actions.

The Filters pane displays the status of any object-specific filters, and when you are in View mode it also shows "interactive filters" such as those from report prompts.

Does this help?

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation