BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rishi_1990
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

I am new to the SAS VA and what i want to do is to create a report which filter my data on basis of two filter ,start date and end date.

I have tried the slider with date but it only gives me option to filter data on single date.

I also tried with two drop down but they are performing independent from each other and giving me output for that selected date,not for all dates inclusive.

Your help on this is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

What version are you using?  There should be filter objects or properties that convert to a range (two sliders).

rishi_1990
Calcite | Level 5
I am using SAS 7.3
I have tried plenty of options but not able to get it
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

Is it 7.3 Designer or 7.3 Explorer?

MikeJenista
SAS Employee

When I add a slider to the report prompt area and add a date variable, it shows me a two-slider control use for filtering by range.  Similarly, when I add a date item as a filter to a specific object, the default control for this filter is a two-slider range.

How are you trying to set up the filter?

MikeJenista
SAS Employee

Ah, wait, I think I understand.  Are you using two date items, one for start date and one for end date?  If that is the case I don't believe you can create a single filter control that sets both dates.  You could define a single advanced filter that uses an AND condition, or add two separate slider controls to set each date individually.

rishi_1990
Calcite | Level 5
Yes ,you understand right..
Thank you for idea.
I will try that and share the results...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation