BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bhaskarkothavt
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Everyone,

I am new to SAS Visual Analytics and thanks in advance to everyone who helps in achieving my end goal.

My end goal is to create a dashboard where user can select type of graph (like bar-chart; pie-chart; Tree-Map; Cross-tab) from a any control (like drop-down list or Button bar) and based on the user selection the graph needs to be changed.

I am using only single data source and i created 4 different types of graphs for the same data. Now instead of displaying all graphs in a dashboard i want to create a control where end-user will make a choice on what they want to view.

I know that we have stacking container option where each graph stack one over another and we can select what to see. Instead of stack containers i want to use controls (drop-down or button-bar). So, please help me in achieving this.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhaskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
A stack container is probably the closest to what you have in mind.

Something else to consider might be to put each graph on a hidden page and put a set of page links in a text object. So the user will see links that say "Bar Chart", "Pie Chart", etc and the chart will appear in a pop-up window (or new tab) when they click a link.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
A stack container is probably the closest to what you have in mind.

Something else to consider might be to put each graph on a hidden page and put a set of page links in a text object. So the user will see links that say "Bar Chart", "Pie Chart", etc and the chart will appear in a pop-up window (or new tab) when they click a link.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation