BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sarthak89
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi there,

I would like to create a cumulative sum (running total) based on a category (and not a date) in SAS VA:

Example:

Capture.JPG

Thank you in advance for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello,

You can enable totals (but not running totals) in the Properties tab for a list table or a crosstab. Crosstabs also can have group subtotals.

I don't think that it is possible to create a running total like this in the expression editor in Visual Analytics, but you could calculate the running total as part of your data query.
sarthak89
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot for your reply. That was helpful.

Regards,

Sarthak

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi sarthak89,

I'm glad you found Sam's response helpful! Feel free to "accept as solution" or "like" his reply. This helps out other community members who may run into the same issue.

Thanks!

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

tee12ni
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, Sam_SAS,

I have same this issue, so the solution for "calculate the running total as part of your data query",

you can show how to this solution,

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

If you have the appropriate permissions in SAS VA, then you can access the data builder. On the home page you will see a "Data preparation" link.

In the data builder, you can edit the SQL expressions for your columns or edit the SAS data step for your query.

See https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p018nyo71g4dpzn1nrr0...

I am not an expert in this area so I am not sure exactly what expression you would want to build to calculate your running total.

I hope that helps,

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation