BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PrashantBhatwadekar
SAS Employee

Hi,

We have following use case for non-additive measure. We want to know whether it is possible to handle following use case in Visual analytics 7.1 and if yes then how.

Use case as follows :

We have return data at 3 levels of hierarchy. Below figure shows Parent as 1, 2 and 3 are next level nodes and last 4,5,6,7,9,10 are child nodes. Each child node has return value (shown in green color). At the same time we have return data calculated at node 2 & 3, and node 1 again shown in green color.

Actual_data_presentation.png

What we want to create is return_pct measure with non-additive nature. So ideally when following reports is created (Figure 1), then it shows correct return values. When we drill up to next level, it shows aggregated value for node 2 & 3 (Figure 2), whereas, it should show real pre-calculated values as 2.3 and 1.9 respectively.

Hierarchy_view.png

We want to know, how to create non-additive measure so that we can create correct report.

Thanks

~PB

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Prashant,

I asked the development team about this, and we don't think it is currently possible.

Can you tell us any more about the type of data you are working with or what field you are in?

I don't know if this would be helpful, but you could store the values for the upper level nodes in a separate calculated measure for each level.  For your Lev1 above, that might look something like,

IF ( 'Lev1'n = '2' )

RETURN 2.3

ELSE (

IF ( 'Lev1'n = '3' )

RETURN 1.9

ELSE .

)

If you set the aggregation type to "Min", then that measure would always contain the correct value for your Lev1 level.

Maybe someone else could offer a better workaround.

Thanks,

Sam

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

@Sam_SAS Can you look into my discussion thread? I have a very similar issue but I am dealing with a crosstab using a LASR table. 

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Which thread do you mean? Can you post a link?
ksulistyo
SAS Employee

@PrashantBhatwadekar Did you find the solution or workaround for this? I have the same issue.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation